Posts tagged bugs
So, I'm running show slave status and I'm seeing that my slave is around 14 days behind my master, which is weird since I the server's set to expire logs after 3 days.
After a bit of digging I found this: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=2826
So I checked the system time on the slave and it was way out of whack with the current date.
So, I restarted ntpd (which causes it to re-sync), stopped and restarted the slave and there we go problem fixed.
My gumtree ads (mygumtreeads.com) is a new project of mine, filling in what I see as one of the major gaps in Gumtree's current service. The gap that I and I'm sure many other people have experienced is the inability to setup a user page containing all of your ads for easy reference, a bit like an eBay store.
The real issue with Gumtree is that each ad is regarded as unique and has no obvious relationship to other ads on the site, even if they've been posted by the same person. So, once you post an ad it can get lost forever in their system and though they send you emails telling you what your ad id is, etc. it's very easy to lose track of the ads that you've setup, especially if you have a lot of items to sell, swap or give away.
The service itself is a mash up between wordpress, twitter and gumtree itself, and though released to a wider audience, is still in beta testing, meaning that from time to time there will be issues with system while I iron out bugs and more importantly I'm very open to suggestions on new features and functionality.
Technically, the site is built on wordpress and uses my own rapid plugin development code framework, to extend the base functionality (which I hope to release sometime soon). It uses twitter as a way of collating a list of ads that you post and then processes these entries to form a catalgouge/store like interface.
Anyway I hope if you are also a regular Gumtree user you'll try out the site and see if it works for you.
If not, let me know why and I'll do something about it!